In general, to complete this cohort, you'll need to do the following each week:
- Watch the week's lecture from Dale Stoffer
- Watch any supplemental videos included
- Complete the required reading from the texts
- Participate in the week's discussion and (if applicable) live video chat
To complete the course, you'll be required to complete a final paper.
In a 5-7 page paper, respond to the following questions:
- What does it mean for the Brethren to be noncreedal?
- Brethren have distinctive views in the areas of salvation and the church.
- Describe the salvation process as Brethren understand it.
- Describe the Brethren understanding of the nature and practices of the church.
- To what extent are you in agreement with Brethren doctrine as it has been described in this course? Do you have any areas of concern? If you do, how will you address these concerns?
All assignments must show a blending of the course readings and the writer's experience of the readings and conversations with the larger cohort. The goal is to show that you can coherently articulate Brethren doctrine.